The supply chain has changed dramatically over the last 10 years in so many ways. Increase in freight and transportation have made these cost higher than distribution centre labour in many businesses. The cost and quality of labour can be challenging throughout your supply chain. One way to get ahead of this constantly changing the landscape is using robust Warehouse Management System(WMS). Whether you are running an e-commerce site, retail chain or are a manufacturer-distributor, this system can bring increased control to labour, inventory and transportation.
Many companies such as Marijuana Propagation have Order Management System or Enterprise Resource Planning System which have basic warehouse functionality to some extent. But based on the platform companies can outgrow the capabilities offered for their warehouse and distribution functionality.
In this article, we will discuss the major benefits of Warehouse Management Systems in great detail.
As discussed above, a Warehouse Management System controls various functions such as receiving and quality assurance, replenishment of forwarding pick storage, picking shipping returns and inventory control.
Benefits of Warehouse Management System in Marijuana distribution plan
- Advance shipping notices, receipt planning, scheduling inbound labour and scheduling transportation appointments.
- Controlling the movement and storage of material and product
- Improved accuracy, timeliness and overall throughput of customers orders throughout the fulfilment process.
- Improved warehouse labour management system through tracking and control which includes work order control, productivity reporting at department and employee levels.
- Better control production, assembly and job costing of kits/sets and assembled products.
- Visibility to warehouse activities access to data(e.g. report analysis and dashboards)
- Interface WareHouse Control System for material handling equipment and automation(e.g. conveyors, sortation etc)
There are hundreds of WareHouse Management Systems are available in the market with a wide variety of price tags. Yet not all of them are created equal.
Why choose the Warehouse Management System for your Business
- Identify which additional functions will increase productivity, control inventory, improve customers services and reduce warehouse cost. These functions require WMS over and above your current system.
- Identify the ROI and benefits that management wants to see for its investments
- Use formal RPF by writing your user requirements, conducting vendors demonstration, performing reference calls and visit customer sites of your final product.
It is very important to select the right WMS that best fits your business and helps to develop your company’s detail user requirements. Check out here to learn how the right warehouse management system can improve the operations of your business in great detail